Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Satin Rollers...trying a ting

How on earth do people use heat in their hair once for the week and keep it looking good?  Rochie!?!? Any ideas?  When I try...it looks flat and terrible at the end of day two, usually before. And because most of my hair is chemical free, I also get poufiness that is kinda not cute, when you're aiming for a straight do!

Diane Satin Foam 7/8" Rollers 12 Pack #5032So I give up.  On Monday night, I headed to Sally, and bought satin covered sponge rollers.  I'm going to try and roll my ends before bed.  Maybe that'll give me some heat free bounce the next day.  I figure it's also a safe way to add moisture to my ends without worrying about ruining my do.

That's what I did Monday night.  Tuesday morning, I got some rave reviews.  Walked into the office to an exclamation of "whoa! new hair!"
...I think that's 'white guy' for, you got "your hair done!"
 I think he realized that I wasn't totally sure where he was going with that, so he came back with, "It looks great! I like it."  Well, that's a good way to start your day isn't it?  My hair kept its bounce right until bed time.

My hubby saw it on skype and told me he liked it, and I looked pretty.  That's good, right?  Made me feel good anyway.  Then when he picked me up from the train station later that evening....he said my hair looked like weave.  I'm gonna cross my fingers that it's a good weave (cuz I really don't like how weave looks). None the less, the rollers get a passing grade.

At my current length, it helps to keep my ends up off my shoulders and away from clothing.  My hair had lots of body and seemed not to get too dry, even though it was a cold, windy day.   I fell asleep without rolling my hair last night...but I'll be at it again.  Cuz, I'm back to the ponytail today. I only wrapped the elastic twice.  I'm doing better....little by little!

1 comment: