Thursday, September 9, 2010

What I am trying

Like Karen I have no expertise in the hair care department and if you know me long, you would have known "hair care+Rochelle NOT COMPATIBLE!"

Up until leaving High school my hair was natural and I always had
t in small plaits or conrows. At that point my hair was very thick and growing healthy. Then going into 17 I relaxed it for the first time and there was no turning back. I tried my best to care for it but it was not enough. My hair started breaking and appeared damaged and I was very unsatisfied with it. To me, it was pointless having my hair that length when the ends appear dry , when my hair lost all its body so on my 19th birthday I chopped it into a bob style and up until 2009 maintained that hair style.

But this summer I decided I should challenge myself and use the coming months as a comeback story for my hair. And just try my best to grow it out as healthy and full as possible. Therefore I adopted my own regime which is slowly changing every now and then (which I will update you on those as time goes).

I shampoo and steam my hair every week. I use the Dr.Miracle's Intensive Deep conditioner (as my steam) which in the hair for an hour before washing out. It leaves this nice tingling sensation.

I have put away the curling iron and flat iron and strictly turned to the good old fashion ROLLERS and I must say I am enjoying the body it gives! Everyday I massage my scalp with carrot oil and Vitamin E oil to maintain shine and help with any damage.

I have also stopped the bad habit of going to bed without either my hair being wrapped or in rollers. And Karen did mention below the pro's of letting go of this bad habit. Admittedly I prefer the rollers to wrapping , but that is just me.

I am also consuming more water as well as multivitamin supplements as a boast because as I have read the hair does need those nutrients to thrive.

My journey has just began so I am not as well informed on a lot but I am enjoying the learning process and as Karen said I want to grow my hair to lengths it has never seen.

Let the hair journey continue beautifully.

1 comment:

  1. I read in a forum that no-lye relaxers leave calcium deposits on the hair, and you can reverse the appearance of dryness and damage by washing occasionally with a de calcifying shampoo

    ReplyDelete