Thursday, September 23, 2010

October 2010 Update

So, I know it's not October yet.  We have a week to go, and therefore, my hair still has plenty of growing time left before I ought to update.  However, one of the things I have been doing is cutting back on heat usage.  I say that to also say that as a result, I can only properly assess length when straightened.  That just happens to be right now!

 The above shot gives an idea of length.  I still haven't sent my boken Avanti flat iron back for service, so my hair never looks straight to me when I do it at home.  I can see that my hair has grown almost to the length of where I cut it from in March.  Only this time, the ends are not so badly broken, and there's less over all breakage.

Here in the front you can see that ends are still fairly blunt.  I think the last trim was in June.  Can't remember I may have dusted since then.  But yeah, it seems to be stronger, and definitely longer.

Don't get too excited though!  I think this pic will show you that I am still struggling with slower growing areas in the back, various textures and a bit of thinning due to what I refer to as ponytail stress.

I think I'm going to continue Co-washing twice weekly, Spraying daily with Infusium 23, and sealing either with EV Coconut Oil or "Live Clean" Argan Oil.

I have a couple challenge for October. I will be vacationing in Central America, and want to maintain good hair practises while I enjoy the beach and scenery. Sun and salt water are likely to negatively affect my efforts.    

My only plan is to read a little bit about good deep conditioning regimens and I will travel with protective and conditioning products.

No comments:

Post a Comment